Friday, June 25, 2010

I miss the Edge radio

Since the Edge radio program went silent I have been reduced to listening to the talk radio programs on 880. It has reinforced my convictions that I miss the Edge and the alternative programs it broadcasted. I have always looked at a multitude of sorces of information to get a picture of what is going on in the world. The programing on 880 is the Fox feed of Limbauh , Hanity, Laura and Beck. They also carry voices of Montana which is one of the better offerings they broadcast. The formentioned programs on the Fox feed definatly have a right wing/conservative/ neo conservative slant. Though I agree with some of the view points they put out I realize they are primarily driven with the intention of putting the republicans back in power. Not everything in the world is Obamas fault as they would have you belive. I'm no Obama fan but it is important to realize the Republicrates have been walking lockstep together , slowly stripping away our freedoms and liberities for years. This is not a left verses right issue, it's a slow errosion of liberties that is being orcistrated by the few at the top of the finacial food chain to insure power over the many by the few. Those right wing pundants are just as guilty of pushing this country towards restricted freedoms as the left wing people we have in power currently in Washinton and that have a death grip on the mass media. The concept of divide and conqure is blatant in the broadcasts from the left and the right. Where is the middle ground represented? Why must everything be black and white when the many shades of grey represent the majority so much better then the hard views put forth for mass consumption. I sometimes wonder why liberals call into a program like Hannity when all he does is the equivalent on putting his hands over his ears and yelling "na, na, na, na , na, na , na , I'm not listening" and then cut them off as he has rudely been talking over them trying to make a point. Don't they realise they are only being allowed on the air to provide liberal fodder for him to shoot like fish in a barrel. Hannity doesnt want discussion, he wants to tell you what to think. The man is basically a right wing shill! The left is no better! Where is the middle ground represented? At least on Johns old program he would let a desenting oppinion be voiced if put forth in an inteligent manner so a legitamate discussion could be had. That's one of the reasons I miss the edge! I also liked the alternative programs that it offered, though, one needed to take those with a grain of salt as well. Like all media you need to look from all sides to get to the heart of the matter. Just because something goes against the grain doesnt mean it's incorrect and just because it fits your current mind set doesnt mean it shouldnt be concidered. It pays to keep an open mind and heart in matters. I appreachiated Johns attitude of "don't take my word about it , do your own research and decide for yourself." The edge gave the Flathead valley a good public forum to discuse the issues around us. I miss that! Besides , I found it to be entertaining radio. It saddens me to flip the button to the sound of static at 600am. I still miss the edge and what it had to offer the valley.
Until next time
Lasco X

Post note: 6-30-10
I went to the Edge website today only to find it was not there. Not a good sign! I hope all is well with John and Pam.

No comments:

Post a Comment