Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Edge public forum

It is nice to be linked to the Edge with this blog. I have to admit that when it was on the air I was a passive listener and never called in. Primarily due to the fact that I was working while I listened and it would have been hard to stop and get to the phone. I have to honestly admit that I am one of the many who still have a button on my radio tuned to the soft silent sound of static waiting for the strains of Aerosmiths "Living on the edge" to warm up my day followed by John and the rest of the Edge family discussing the hot topics of the day. I discovered the Edge four years ago after I had moved back to Montana. I took to it like a duck to water and though it was basically preaching to the choir in my case I did find myself learning a few things that I didn't know and also looking at things I did know in a different perspective. I had not heard of Alex Jones and Jeff Rense prior to listening to the Edge. I found their perspectives on world events interesting and informative , though admittedly I don't necessarily agree with everything they come up with. That is kind of the point of free speech , to bring opinions to the table and have civil discussion about the issues that affect us personally, socially , politically and on a local as well as global scale. The Edge excelled at free speech and due to that it also drew fire from others because of it. Many people don't like things that go against the grain or deviates from the "accepted norm" of what they know or believe to know. Some people like to say they support free speech , just as long as you say what they want to hear. Tell them something they don't want to hear and then suddenly they think you need to be censored. Say something like you don't believe people should be sneaking into the country illegally and they declare you to be a racist. You don't think the black panthers should be allowed outside a polling place intimidating voters and well... that just proves your a racist! It was no great surprise that with Johns occasional twisted sense of humor and sometimes uncensored opinions ,that he and KGEZ would become a lightning rod and target for attacks. It was sad to see the airwaves the Edge broadcasted on fall silent but it is good to know they are not going silent into that dark night. I'm glad to see that the Edge and Edge family is keeping hope alive because despite what it's detractors say , the Edge did a lot of good for our community. A lot of people were woke up to events going on around them that they might not have been aware of. John had always prefaced the things he said with the statement "Don't take my word for it , do your own research and decide for yourself." I heard him say it time and time again. Good advice for all things , very good advice if your listening to the corporate controlled media. As they use to say back when newspapers were the main source of the news , "Don't believe everything you read".

The Edge brought a different perspective to the table. Personally I have found the truth always ends up somewhere in the middle. That's why I listen to corporate media, the right wing perspective , the left wing perspective , the alternative media resources such as free speech TV and link TV , web sites such as Info wars and Jeff Rense's site , and listen to the opinions of others in the street. It is dangerous to look threw a narrow view finder while running threw life at the breakneck speed of modern life. The more information we have the better chance we have at making good choices to deal with the issues life throws at us.

Again , it is nice to be linked to the Edge website. The opinions in this blog are mine and mine alone. Readers don't need to agree with them , but , they are worth considering. If you don't agree with them , that's fine by me, everybody has a right to their own opinion. That's what the whole free speech thing is about after all : )
Until next time
Lasco X

No comments:

Post a Comment